Tiger Airways

dazza 38

Guest sessery

Most of the complaints seem to be because people show up late to check-in.

I've got flights booked with them in October. I'm getting to the airport real early to avoid disappointment of missing the check-in deadline or being a victim of overbooking :)

Guest tmpffisch

Boy, 24 minutes of free advertising in prime time on a Tuesday night sounds like an awesome deal to me!

They're a LCC, people realise that they get what they pay for. There is limited customer service, but if the customer wanted that, they'd pay the extra few hundred dollars and go on QF.

I've made mention to Tiger a couple of tmes last month here i will not fly with them. bad manners, bad service. there was news even when they returned to Melbourne from almost Perth and they did not even post a message to the people waiting for the flight to arrive. that caused some panic. just bad service in geneal. i'll pay the extra.

I guess they could just show the people who have a great flight. It is nice to see them showing a balance between happy and unhappy people. i agree that people are late, then its bad luck. Its just the way they go about it and talk to the people. Ps -Im going to wanaka next year fliging Air New Zealand one way and Virgin the other.

Guest Redair

I watched it again last night... wasn't sure if I was just watching a repeat of the previous weeks efforts though. Same old stories, same upset passengers getting no help, no refunds and no help from Tiger. I did suggest to the good woman who also endured the program, that they, (Tiger) might be better off just putting up a test-card on screen for half an hour, saying: "If you want to fly Tiger.... Don't check in late."

10 out of 10 to Tiger, Channel 7 and the show producers... I've never dealt with Tiger, but after watching that little lot, I can't see that they will ever be my first choice carrier. And they say there is no such thing as bad publicity!

Redair.

Good on Tiger Airways for sticking to their check-in on-time policy. Imaging if you were sitting in the plane ( 'cause you were on time ) and Tiger Airways would delay take off for someone who could not be bothered showing up in time und YOU miss your connecting flight. NOT NICE, is it. You will only ever get what you pay. If they had no people showing up late, there would not be a TV Show; just shows how good Tiger Airways really are.

where talking about the CHECK IN time Not boarding time. if you late for the boarding call fair nuff but how long before the flight do you have to be there 2 hours or something if they can't give you a couple of minutes break thats just crap service and a chance to get more cash out of you.

They are operating on minimal staff numbers...that is why they are so cheap.

The checkin system they use is controlled by an Amco(Aircraft Movement Controller) in Melbourne, and this person cuts the flight off regardless of circumstances "on the dot".

That is what I have heard from staff...

I suppose they cut it off on the dot because no one can really predict when you finally get pushback cause they only allow 6 aircraft in the circuit now.:)

I did a return trip Syd to Melb with them a month ago and found some of the staff very third rate:sad:. In fairness though, they all seem to have a mutitude of tasks to perform:construction:067_bash.gif.26fb8516c20ce4d7842b820ac15914cf.gif:bad computer:, initial check-in, check passengers on, check the tyres and clean the windscreen etc;

It's well worth doing the numbers though.

I've just booked to go the Melb for Christmas and by the time you've added the Tiger seat selection fee:angry:(thats a new one), credit card convenience fee, paid to upgrade the baggage allowance (per sector) to whats allowed by Qantas, plus allowing for my usual sandwich and a glass of red, there was nothing in it pricewise.

So i've booked with Qantas

For anyone with a bit of an ailment, its also a long walk to gate 58 at Sydney, and when you arrive in Melbourne its also another fair walk as they park well away from the main terminal.

I did a return trip Syd to Melb It's well worth doing your sums first, co's this is how it went

Attendant: Welcome aboard XXXXXX Airways, sir. May I see your ticket? 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Sure.

Attendant: You're in seat 12B. That will be $5, please!

What for?

Attendant: For telling you where to sit.

But I already knew where to sit, and had to pay to do so when I booked online.

Attendant: Nevertheless, we are now charging a seat locator fee of $5. It's the airline's new policy.

That's the craziest thing I ever heard. I won't pay it. 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

Attendant: Sir, do you want a seat on this flight, or not:question:

Yes, yes. All right, I'll pay. But the airline is going to hear about this.

Attendant: Thank you. My goodness, your carry-on bag looks rather heavy. Would you like me to stow it in the overhead compartment for you?

That would be nice of you, thanks. :thumb_up:

Attendant: No problem. Up we go, and done! That will be $10, please.

What?

Attendant: The airline now charges a $10 carry-on assistance fee.

This is extortion. I won't stand for it.

Attendant: Actually, you're right, you can't stand. You need to sit, and fasten your seat belt. We're about to push back from the gate. But, first I need that $10.

No way! :no no:

Attendant: Sir, if you don't comply, I will be forced to call the air marshal. And you really don't want me to do that.

Why not? Is he going to shoot me?

Attendant: No, but there's a $50 air-marshal hailing fee.

Oh, all right, here your bloody 10 bucks. I really can't believe this.

Attendant: Thank you for your cooperation, sir. Is there anything else I can do for you?

Yes. It's stuffy in here, and my overhead fan doesn't seem to work. Can you fix it?

Attendant: Your overhead fan is not broken, sir. Just insert two 50cent coins into the overhead coin slot for the first five minutes.

The airline is charging me for cabin air?

Attendant: Of course not, sir. Stagnant cabin air is provided free of charge. It's the circulating air that costs 2 X 50 cents.

I don't have any 50cent coins. Can you give me change of $2?

Attendant: Certainly, sir! Here you go!

But you've given me only three 50cent coins for my $2.

Attendant: Yes, there's a change-making fee of 50 cents.

For cryin' out loud. All I have left is a lousy 50cents left. What the heck can I do with this? :bad computer:

Attendant: Hang onto it sir. You might need it'll need it later for the toilet.051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif051_crying.gif.edc6b33a234e272ee13f0ec0ae40b12a.gif051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Go Qantas!

I suppose they cut it off on the dot because no one can really predict when you finally get pushback cause they only allow 6 aircraft in the circuit now.:)

That's currently only in GAAPs Ozzie and they also want start clearances at Archerfield now as well!! As far as the TV show is concerned, the ads for the show were enough for me NOT to watch and also underlined my continued support of QANTAS every time I fly..their worst day would be better than Tigers best!!041_helmet.gif.78baac70954ea905d688a02676ee110c.gif

Just remember another popular airline is the same.

If your late your late although I give this to qantas you can still get a boarding pass up to 15 mins before the flight.

a workmate of mine was travelling from bris to the isa and was two minutes late for checkin he had to leave all his luggage with me but still made the flight with bare essentials the trouble is were Chefs and travel with our knifes. all worked out as I had 1.5 hours before my connecting flight to melb so I sent his luggage back our Bris office. Qantas did not even offer to fly it up on the next flight.

So are they all as bad as each other.

and yes we have to fly most domestic airlines that operate here in Aus.

Cheers :peepwall:

I haven't bothered to watch the show since the episode where tiger charged some poor little kid to take his booster seat on the return flight after letting it go free on the outward trip. pretty low act. It seems that all the shows are the same only the faces of the pizzed off passengers change.

I fly a hell of a lot for work.. All the airlines work out to be costing about the same.

Virgin as a rule has great customer service but everything costs.. (best looking mass marketed hosties as well)

Qantas flights are expensive and 'nearly' everything is provided. Good customer service.. (Qantas link hosties are really, really good - they just grow up and become qantas employees as they get older. lol) Qantas will get you there. I have had them hold a flight from Cairns to Melbourne for me for almost 30mins because my connecting flight was delayed by weather at Horn Island. The golf cart ride across the tarmac at breakneck speed was entertaining. My bags did catch up the next day but I was going home to a wardrobe full of clothes after being away for a couple of weeks so who really cares!

Tiger is just plain crap.. After all the extra costs are added it works out more expensive for me to fly with them when I get charged for the excess baggage for my tools and equipment that I need for the job. Rude, arrogant employees and the pilots aren't much better to deal with in the circuits.

Qantas is my prefered carrier when I cant justify the cost of flying myself. Everything is predictable before I leave Melbourne.