Dum Dee Dum - I'm bored

Guest Qwerty

Guest Des Funslow

Hi Qwerty, good to see the old home state geting some good rain, even down south were i used to live. Last saterday was not much better over here either, could not go flying so decided to play golf at the Island & that was washed out, any how we need the rain. The fine weather is geting closer by the day.

Cheers Des

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maj Millard

Querty, Don't come the raw prawn with us mate, that's not rain, come up to FNQ in a couple of months, we'll show you real rain.........and you better get a couple of longer bolts for that wing attach too.........................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

It is actually the flooding that is the problem. The taxiways are under water. the ditches shown are 2-3 ft deep and 8 ft wide and this area is usually bone dry. the ground under foot is so soggy that it is soft and mushy to walk on.

The bolt lengths were chosen to allow a finger tight preliminary fit up. I am still astonished at the perfect fit of the parts in that kit.

Hey Turbo,

It was good to get in the air. I was going to take my mother for a sightseeing tour of the flooded rivers across the north of the state. The weather looked like it was going to hold off for just long enough. We left Georgetown and tracked south as far as the Batman Bridge (10 Nm), the Wx ahead towards Launceston was not the best. Cloud down to the hill tops and rain, we turned for Devonport but as we got closer it started getting pretty dark and started to spit and we were down to 1500 over tiger country so we turned east along the coast for about 10 min along to Stoney Point. With the Wx closing from the west and me east of the field, I called it a day and executed a decent wheeler in turbulent xwind. 0.6 was just enough of a fix....but I need more. 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

Cheers, Qwerty