Misc aircraft ownership questions

DarkSarcasm

I own my trike so don't need a syndicate ( at present) but maybe - Ian - as a way of improving the site, helping increase our RAA pilot base, making it more affordable / easier for members there is a spot for recording syndicates including forming / advertising / selling shares - could be location based. :DevilDog:

Interesting subject, especially as I too want to have the flexibility to be able to use an aircraft for flyaways etc once in a while. I've chased the figures around every whichway and although I can afford to buy and operate something like a Drifter on my own, my preference is for something a little more substantial and with a fourstroke - say a few y.o Jabiru with 2 or 3 others(Foxbat:clap:). I see there seem to be a few syndicates operating at Caboolture and Redcliffe, would be interested to hear from anyone who is involved re the pitfalls and pleasures.

Friends have previously been involved in GA aircraft syndicates which by and large seemed to work well - they did all have fairly comprehensive agreements in place which clearly set out everyone's rights and obligations though. (Obviously successful because I drafted some of them:big_grin:) Hour for hour they were not all that much cheaper than hire and fly, but offered greater flexibility.

I have heard that it's possible to rent out the aircraft to a flying school to offset some costs..!)

DS, When considering renting the aircraft,keep in mind that if it were not covered by insurance, by the school,in the event of an accident it could cost you the aircraft and more.

It`s difficult to put a figure on insurance because it depends on the aircraft type and the amount of insurance cover taken.

Frank.

Costs.

I don't think a syndicate aircraft will operate any cheaper than a school one, but the group can exercise control over how it is used and the standard of maintenance. This might give more peace of mind. The important thing is to strike a charge rate that covers all the maintenance. This is a question of judgement, but it must be allowed for as you go, not have to dig into your pockets suddenly for an exchange engine and argue which person should pay the proportions applicable to their individual usage, up to that point. Nev

I know, thats why ill keep trying to convince my parents why they should buy me one every day til ive done the hsc.

I think I got taken out for dinner when I did mine...

I did get a car for my birthday in Feb the next year, but I'm not sure the $3000 they spent on that would've bought me much plane (perhaps an aileron?) 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif