ANR question

DarkSarcasm

Hi Dazza,

They seem to be going better at the moment (just when I was going to write to LightSpeed and ask for a replacement). I'm just seeing how they go each time I fly now and seeing if there's any difference between planes etc. They still do seem to be noisier (background noise I mean) than they were when I first purchased them but that might be something to do with squelch or something instead...?

But yeah, they're better than they were which is good :)

Hello Darky,headset/intercom combinations can be real finicky at times. On saturday flying the new eaglet, i wore my David Clarks, i did a radio check Greg, the CFI said i was coming across a bit scratchy. He said that i should be wearing the lightspeed Zulus because they work better with that particular intercom. (they came with the plane) I could hear him fine.(thats why a radio check comes in handy.) My headset work fantasticly in the other aircraft. The radio/intercom is pretty flash in the new eaglet, maybe it was designed for ANR headsets. I will find out. Cheers

Dazza, I can see what you mean about the different intercoms. The thing is, when I first got my Zulus (when they worked like an absolute dream) I was using them in the same aircraft as I am now, so I'm not sure how it could be the intercom affecting them. :confused: I'll definitely keep it in mind though :)

Based upon the symptoms - crackling sometime and not others, Id guess its an issue with air gap between you and the head set

Mine do the same thing when not fitting tightly or using cloth earcup covers

Next time it plays up try pushing them against your head and see if it stops

JR

I'd definitely check the squelch....

Also another thing, has the cable been kinked or squashed at all that you know of? that can cause all sorts of grief to musicians etc...

I'm still tempted to go back to them and try and get a new set...despite the fact that they're working better than they were, they still don't seem quite how they were when I first got them... not sure how much success I'd have with the manufacturer though, but I guess I can try :)

OK, do two things, get them into another aircraft ( other than a Jab) and see if the problem is still there.Then get into a Jab, if they are fitted with strobes, try them on and off, If you cannot isolate the noise either way there is a fault in the headset, Did you purchase thru Global, if not from whom?

I bought them from Sky Shop

Interesting thing happened during my lesson yesterday. After take off I noticed that both the radio/intercom seemed fairly quiet so I turned the volume of my headset up (pretty interesting trying to do it one-handed and without looking) - I'm guessing the volume knobs got moved in my bag or something. With the volume turned down, the noise was not there. With the volume turned up (probably louder than I've had it for a while - I was adjusting it without looking so it was just a random push of the knobs until I could hear better) the noise was back.

Tomorrow I'm going to plug my headset into my laptop with the headset volume turned up to see if the noise is there then. If it is, then it's got to be the headset...