Flying with sunnies. Which kind?

flying dog

I wear the ones in my Avatar, they are non polarized wire frame, with very thin arms, I even pull the rubber off them so they are basically just a piece of wire only, great for headsets and the like.

Just watch the gel headset pads with your wire frames mate, real easy to push the end of the frame into the pad - been to that party and it's real disappointing!051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Guest milton56

There's a good article in one of the recent (December I think) aviation mags on sunglasses for aviation.

I can't think which mag it was at the moment but will have a look and post it.

Milton56:thumb_up:

Just watch the gel headset pads with your wire frames mate, real easy to push the end of the frame into the pad - been to that party and it's real disappointing!051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Thanks for the warning... never thought of that! So I'll definitely keep it in mind.:thumb_up:

Yep, Iam just waiting for a new set of prescription sunnies from our local spec guy who is also a pilot, gone for the amber (non polarising lenses). I've had transitional lenses and they just don't work inside cars or planes:cool: