Pioneer aircraft...?

Tomo

I just discovered the other day that my instructor is now the northern NSW, QLD, and NT distributor for these aircraft, and will have a 200 hawk arriving in the next few weeks.

So I've been fishing around the net looking at vids etc... and they look like a jolly nice machine!

Has anyone had much to do them? do you like them? The performance seems very good!

Can't wait for a spin in it now!

:big_grin::big_grin:

Tomo,

I have flown the 300 and they are very nice.

Go like the clappers with the retracts.

I am seeing Logan McLean (who flew one to/from NZ/Wagga a couple of years ago) in NZ in Feb, hopefully to fly the latest that he has over there.

Have you seen the latest 400 on the Alpi website? Make sure you are sitting down when you look at it.

Regards Geoff

Just come for a visit to Maitland

RNAC has one I think on cross hire as a club plane to replace their Jab that they recently sold. They run mainly Cessna as club planes but usually have one RAA registered plane as well to hire to members.

Seems to get a lot more use than the old Jab and the word is it is

as nice to fly ( from a mainly GA type perspective ) as their little Cessna's

Their only reservations are the light wing coverings but I guess that's just RAA

ac to get to required weights - they are used to playing with the medium weights.

Guest Pioneer200

I have done approx 15 hours flying a Pioneer 200 and prob 10 hours as pax for a mate in his Pioneer 200.

They are a delightful little plane to fly, easy to handle in all the aspects of flight.

Our club started with the 200 and trained a few locals to fly in it.3 years ago when we added a J160 all the pioneer trained pilots we keen on a rating in the Jab but few now fly it, maybe 2 or 3.

I think they find it far more of a handful to fly than the Pioneer 200 and I would have to agree that the 200 is a lot easier to fly.

I will always have a soft spot for the pioneer as I went solo in it, my only concern with them is the strength of the undercarriage.(we have had a few incidents with ours)

In my opinion they are an excellent plane for the owner or syndicate that fly it all the time and treat the undercarriage like gold, but not as useful as a training aircraft that we suffer abuse from low time students

Our club plane is I guess 6-7 years old so maybe Alpi have engineered the undercarriage better in current models

My instructor who taught me to fly has a Pioneer 300 and it is a beautiful machine to fly in, retractable,fast, smooth = about 800 hours flying for him in the 2 years he has owned it!!

Thanks guys, Can't wait !! (anyone think it was going to be mine!)

Pioneer200, Yes I heard about the undercarriage problem, though I'm pretty certain they've beefed it up quite a bit now, so is much stronger. Not to sure about that, but have heard something to that effect.

Guest Maj Millard

Tomo, how would you like me to bring one into Cecil plains in about a weeks time, so you can try it on ?........................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Tomo, how would you like me to bring one into Cecil plains in about a weeks time, so you can try it on ?........................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Put it off a few more days and turn up for our brekkie flyin on the 7th, then we could all try it on:laugh:006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Maj: If you are going to be around in a weeks time.... you may as well pop on in... you know the way and the strip now... it's even a got a windsock on the shed this time!

Tomo you are a nice polite lad which is great to see. It must have been hard not say "Thanks Maj, whats the point of even asking, Yeeeha"!:thumb_up::thumb_up::thumb_up: