ASIC Ripoff

Chucky

I've just renewed my ASIC and paid the payment for " Two Years " So why have I gone from FEB 10 to JAN 12.??? Has anybody else had this done to them? It's bad enough forking over $160 for a piece of plastic in the first place, then they have to screw us that little bit extra and only give us 23 months instead of 24......088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif088_censored.gif.03b4fab6f26a58d5cdf75ba85c450225.gif088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif:Flush:

I am "told" it is the validity of the security check - 24 months - so to avoid running out renewing early is necessary.

I sent the application about 6 or 7 weeks before mine ran out and thus only got 22 months.

Don't shoot the messanger - and this info is not official, I have only heard it so it is hearsay at best.

Do they give you an actual day i.e if it's the 1st of Feb to the 31st of Jan then it is 24 months, but if it's the 1st of Feb to the 1st of Jan then that sucks.

It is just unbelievable that they think these things will have any impact on terrorist activity.

Regards Bill

Hi Bill,

Nah they don't give an actual day it's just whatever month it was issued to the next year (same month). For example what I said above: April 2009 - April 2011.

Regards,

Andrew

I am "told" it is the validity of the security check - 24 months - so to avoid running out renewing early is necessary. You have to redo security check anyway when you renew?

The secret is DON'T renew early.

I needed to renew mine early as I am planning to visit a Secure airport a week after expiry. I was told by RAAus staff that I would lose a month. I replied that this was crazy, she then told me that this was being addressed.

Phil