Nowra Museum Air Show

Guest David C

Guest David C

Went down to Nowra today for one of their regular Airshow days . Huge crowds and great weather greeted us and a pretty good aircraft turn out too . No ultralight types present which was a bit disapointing but not a surprise , however , the heavy metal was well represented with the Super Connie the star for me . I never tire of the sight and sound of that airplane . Magic !! . HARS also bought their Catalina and Neptune to Nowra and the Temora Museum was represented by the Canberra and Meteor which both put on spirited displays . The Roulettes were very disapointing however , only a few passes , no formation changes , or aerobatics of any kind , a bit like a flying club fly past really . I reckon the boys from The Oaks could have done better !!. But what about that smell of jet fuel ?? . Beautiful . If only someone would bottle it . I would buy some . What would it be called ?? . Eau de Kero of course ..Here are a few shots from today ...

was there a Zero there? after arriving back at Cessnock after a local flight, i was overtaken by a Zero at about 300 ft Sounded and looked Brilliant. for a moment there i could have been at pearl harbour!

edit, just looked at the attachments, yep, the Zero was there, and Miss fire... both stunning aircraft. they sounded brilliant on arrival at YCNK this afternoon

Guest Fred Bear

Hello Dave. Ha ha ha mate 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif I always laugh at your posts. Eau De Kero 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif Great pics mate. Thanks for sharing them. Glad you had a good day anyway.The Roulettes look good atleast. So Bruce, you made it too? That third pic you took, that's the colour scheme the old US Airforce one I was telling you about.If I ever had my own a/c again it would be in this paint scheme.Love it!!

Guest David C

Sorry mate ... I dropped off a bit there . The aircraft after the Meteor is the Cessna A37 Dragonfly . It gave a very lively display , and apart from DH Beaver it was possibly the shortest take off with a very steep climb ..

David C

Guest Fred Bear
It gave a very lively display , and apart from DH Beaver it was possibly the shortest take off with a very steep climb .

It will never beat the Bantam mate! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Anyway, night.

was there a Zero there? after arriving back at Cessnock after a local flight, i was overtaken by a Zero at about 300 ft Sounded and looked Brilliant. for a moment there i could have been at pearl harbour!edit, just looked at the attachments, yep, the Zero was there, and Miss fire... both stunning aircraft. they sounded brilliant on arrival at YCNK this afternoon

I have seen the "Zero" a number of times, my understanding is it is a converted AT6 / Harvard. They did a number for the Tora Tora Tora film - not sure if it is one of those.