affordaplane

Hi all, I am new to this forum and I am trying to find out if there is anyone out there that knows any thing about the affordaplane. its an American design with there own web site and what seems like a popular following over there. I have been flying for a few years now, GA,u/lights and powered parachutes but I would like to get back into a small simple single seat u/light.

Guest ozzie

simple design but rivets and gusset plates have a short life and a litttle heavy

browsing thru the latest Pacific Flyer and noticed a little single seater, Sportlight. Being distributed by www.freebirdaviation.com.au maybe along the lines of what your after. No mention of the price.

Are you looking for new or old rebuild or flyable?

regards Ozzie

Guest Fred Bear

I heard heaps of bad reports about this a/c and not being able to contact someone when help is needed with the plans. Stacks of people created a forum about it re the lack of support in building etc. Not sure where that forum is. Google affordaplane and stacks of info will come up.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

In answer to your question, Yes I am looking for something small simple and cheap, as I already have a powered parachute and this is what I do all my flying with but I would like to keep up my skills in fixed wing as well, a rebuild or restoration would be great.

nashy.