New boy

Guest Wodge

Hello to all

Don't call me impetuous. Went solo in Cessna150 in 1966

Been thinking about it for 40 years. Researching on internet and mags for years....finally booked instruction at Aldinga in October to learn on a Sportsar :)

Have been prowling around this forum a bit and like what I see.I look forward to joining the "club".

The CT looks fantastic and want to see one in the flesh and am hoping to read more about them on this forum.

Welcome aboard Wodge - can I say that you have come to the wrong place if you want to take another 40 years 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif because the enthusiasm of the guys and gals here will help you each exciting step you take in getting up in the air - good luck and have fun and feel free to join "The Club".

Greetings Wodge,

Good to have you on the team. Glad to see the name Aldinga. Say hi to Gaylene from me(doubt she remembers me though). My wife and I were looking forward to meeting the crew there last November. YADG was one of our planned stop-overs en route KI, but alas, as we taxied away from our home hangar at Cooma the gear collapsed ruining our much anticipated flight 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif . One day we'll get our CT2K there, you'll see.

Paul

PS Aldinga has a great website. Take a look at http://www.adelaidebiplanes.com.au/ PaulN

Thanks Paul,

Their website is what persuaded me to train at Aldinga...seems like great cameraderie as well as nice range of aircraft and experience.

Your failed undergear is a bit of a worry (to me if not you).

My concern with ultralights is these wee problems with bits falling off, or failing that one reads about off and on. Maybe GA is also plagued?

thanks for the welcome Ian,it took 40 years for the next step because of all those other things like work and family.It is now "put your ears back and go for it " time.Watch my smoke

Welcome Roger. Coming from central Qld I am not sure here Aldinga is but it sounds real Australian.

Don't worry about bits falling off I have had more problems with poor maintenance on Cessnas than with ultralights.

Ian