Major airport security

Guest ozzie

Guest ozzie

It seems pretty well confirmed that after the murder of a person waiting to book in at Sydney's T3 terminal that the security measures that have caused the average airtraveller much inconvienience not to mention the huge cost is worth didley squat. So if you are at the airport and it all goes to crap remember it is every man for himself your highly trained anti terrorist security is running the other way.068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif

It seems pretty well confirmed that after the murder of a person waiting to book in at Sydney's T3 terminal that the security measures that have caused the average airtraveller much inconvienience not to mention the huge cost is worth didley squat. So if you are at the airport and it all goes to crap remember it is every man for himself your highly trained anti terrorist security is running the other way.068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif

Highly trained anti terrorist secuirity???? Don't tell me you believe the spin our governments have been feeding us...!

THERE IS NO SECURITY AT AIRPORTS...I have personally experienced several instances of people forcing their way onto the apron at the airport I work at and it has taken 15-20 minutes for the police to arrive...More than 3 years ago we did have a security guy meet the aircraft on arrival...and it was made clear that his authority ended at the beginning of the apron. Now we have no security.

And that is just the start...the baggage screening that has just been introduced at all regional airports across Australia on the insistence of DOTARS does not work and is considered to be a multi million dollar joke....

Believe me this is just the tip of the iceberg of stories I could tell you about the inept way this whole security fiasco has been handled...it seems to be more about creating the impression that we are all safe by scaring the daylights out of honest people.

your highly trained anti terrorist security is running the other way.angry.gif

Maybe that is what they are trained for, they know something bad is going to happen and they can get a head start.

No Brian...not running the other way...they just don't exist...

And does anyone else find it suspicious that we have Air Marshals...but nobody knows they are there...NOBODY!!! I personally don't think they exist...

No Brian...not running the other way...they just don't exist...And does anyone else find it suspicious that we have Air Marshals...but nobody knows they are there...NOBODY!!! I personally don't think they exist...

I agree that airport security in Australian Airports is a JOKE but I can assure you that airmarshals exist as I personally know one. But lets just say because of the good old government security policys he is very limited on what he can do. ie=unruly or upset passenger he will just sit there and you won't know who he is but get up and make a threat and it's gonna hurt.

Well they certainly didn't waste any time taking my toothpaste off me recently. Perhaps they thought I was keeping my teeth in good condition to bite them.

In contrast, in Narita there were cops all over the place with nasty looking broomsticks and others standing permanently on podiums scanning the terminal, and that was outside the sterile areas.

Guest ozzie

The only reason that they caught the 4 escaping in the cab was that they were caught in traffic caused by protesting hire car operators who had been shut out of their designated waiting area. They had partially blocked the roads out of the airport.

gotta laugh at those who keep telling me how all this asic and security is so worth it. vote for pauline on saturday did you?

Guest ozzie

really amazed at some of the details emerging about the security at the T2 terminal. it is on the verge of criminal. there is not one piece of viewable cct footage available. two cops with guns hid and waited 7 minutes until backup arrived. The book in clerks have no communication to security. considering that all this security crap originated from the hijacking of commercial aircraft they would have security tight as a drum. but they seem intent on harrassing light GA and rec flyers to the point were we feel like it is all our fault. what do they do with all that money from asic cards ect.? i want to see paramilitary types with big guns in these airports just like i saw in italy and austria. great deterent.

Now you know why it takes half hour to get the gate open at Canberra. probably only one tin badge employed there.Our major airports should go back under govt control.

ozzie's morning winge

I agree with you whole heartedly Ozzie...The airport I work at was sold into private hands about 8 months ago...since then as well as the problems which have always existed with security there has been no maintenance done on any equipment...The taxiways and access areas are collapsing...The automated baggage screening system is simply not working....etc etc etc...If they won't spend money on maintenance do you think they will spend any money on security?

This is shameful enough, but when you read posts about airports being sold to people who start subdividing them for industrial development, safety procedures which are breeaking down, navigation services which are deteriorating, its probably time to cc the Minister and Shadow Minister for Transport and let them see what they are doing to Australia which once had an enviable record or aviation safety.

It proves, I guess, that its the travelling public and everyone entering an airport to meet and greet that needs to have an ASIC... not the people who work there or fly for work or pleasure..031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

What a serious Joke..

On the bright side, the eyebrow-tweezer-confiscating-nazis will now have to search baggage for pedestrian control bollards..

Ben

Guest ozzie

Basically. I think the 2 feds turned up first but the guy may have been dead by then.They hung back until more police turned up. 2 glocks goes into ten. easy. i think nine tabloid show at 1830 tommorrow has some footage. The way things have been going in Sydney you'd think it was Chicago. Hasn't been a day go by these last two weeks without someone getting killed or a house shotup.