Desktop Shortcut

Admin

Hi All

I have been asked how to create a shortcut on your desktop to go straight to the forums.

To do this please follow these easy steps:

1. Right Click your mouse anywhere on your desktop and then click the "New" option and then the "Shortcut" option:

[ATTACH]2533.vB[/ATTACH]

2. In the popup box that appears enter the forum address of http://www.recreationalflying.com/forum in the URL box and click the "Next" button:

[ATTACH]2534.vB[/ATTACH]

3. Another popup box appears - enter a name like Rec Flying Forums in the name box and then click the "Finish" button:

[ATTACH]2535.vB[/ATTACH]

That is all there is to it. You may want to change the icon for the shortcut to something a bit more pleasing so to do this:

1. Right click the shortcut that you just made on your desktop and click the "Properties" option:

[ATTACH]2536.vB[/ATTACH]

2. Click the "Change Icon" button and select an icon that you would prefer by either selecting from the ones that are displayed or navigate to another one on your computer:

[ATTACH]2537.vB[/ATTACH]

Hope this helps!

1.JPG.78eaa47fe67e05872e30c92a705e152b.JPG

2.JPG.c6826fdeb1aa35c8b1bf1ddba6bd8a24.JPG

3.JPG.958fe4f6412cf499858f5db8f2142839.JPG

4.JPG.9eb1f29f0caf121162963ef57f448848.JPG

5.JPG.441b23046a06fbd8efa7965eb160a509.JPG

I just wish I could stay logged on for more than 30 minutes.

Some of my long winded posts find me unlogged when I finally go to upload.

I have learnt to make clipboard (Mac) copies of my work before hitting the POST button, just in case I lose it all.

Arthur.

Hi Arthur

One way is to post after a paragraph or so.

Then go back to the post and "Edit" it by adding more to it periodically saving each edit session and then editing the new post until you are satisfied.

Regards

Guest Fred Bear
I just wish I could stay logged on for more than 30 minutes.

Wow Arthur. What are you writing? :;)2: Ha ha 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif I copy and paste.It happens to me sometimes too.Have you noticed you can never rewrite it the same the second time?

Guest Fred Bear

Thanks for the comments Chris.I try to do that now.Add pics to my site mostly (all of them) to save Ian some bandwidth on here with too many pics.But if he has heaps...Glad you enjoy it anyway.

You mean you're not reading my posts?All that effort wasted! :;)3:

Arthur.

I think I read most of them Arthur...I think ;)

Arthur. Your posts are read with relish by me. Good sound commonsense, that is not to say that there aren't others in the same category.

Hey, I'm just trying to do my bit to help the cause.

But I should try to do it all a bit earlier, the missus is getting annoyed at me coming to bed at 2:00 in the morning!

Arthur,