A TRIP REPORT FROM A PASSENGER!

Guest Emma Masters

Guest Emma Masters

The Oaks - Local

I lost my mind for a brief moment today and found myself to be seated in Jabiru 1817!!

No not going solo!

My first question to Darren was while he was just about to do the checks before take off was "Whats That"? to which he replied "the Flaps".

Right’o, I’m ready...and before I know it we are up, was nice and smooth, Darren knew not to go too high (2500ft) and I only wanted to go for 10mins...

While I managed to take a few pic's in between trying to hold my hand still and asking Darren was everything okay...

Okay I want to go back now and we finished with a very very nice landing I had my eyes open and remember the whole thing not like before!!!

Thank god that’s over for another 6 months...

And Thanks Uncle Fred for the Great Coffee :)

Take off!

The Mountains to the West.

Look out!

The Oaks township below.We must be almost back!

Back on solid ground.

Good to see you out there too Dreemhi and Whack777!Now for some champers to calm those nerves!

Guest Fred Bear

Good report Emma.It was a good day.Even took my 76 year old Gran for a fly.She loved it!!Good on her.Great pics of you too Emma.Pity I can't be Paint Shopped. :yuk:

Guest Fred Bear
Your bravery is only exceeded by your beauty.

Hear hear.Atleast someone is photogenic Ross.I try and keep it as smooth as possible ;) Funny, our CFI there said the same thing re another flight in the Jab asap.006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

We took a lot people for joy flights years ago at Leeton in gliders. There was always a temptation to stay up for as long as possible if you had the opportunity. I had about 600 take offs and landings in club gliders to total about two hundred hours - not much time by RAA standards.

It became apparent to most of us that for first timer passengers in particular;

over ten minutes was loo long - maybe add a few minutes for power planes;

give your passenger advice to look out of the cockpit at the horizon not straight down;

keep them talking as it helps to keep the stomach OK

If the passenger goes silent you have failed and the passenger can be turned off flying for life.

Regards

Guest Emma Masters
over ten minutes was loo long ;give your passenger advice to look out of the cockpit at the horizon not straight down;

keep them talking as it helps to keep the stomach OK

My Husband has been telling me this for 4 years now :confused:

Guest danda

Well done Emma you didn't look to scared in that photo I think the young kids would say GO GIRL YOU ROCK or something like that;) ;) 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif 011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif

Although you had better tell Darren to clean the windscreen next time.

Don

Guest Fred Bear

Ha ha ha. Good one Chris! I like it.An improvement my friend!Movember 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif Don, there were bugs all over the shop after my 1st flight today.Should have cleaned it but I thought the least Emma sees outside the better.

Guest Kerry

Hey, great trip report Emma!;) You have got a stash of champers going at the Oaks I think! (Just for flying partners, of course!006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif)

Looks like its a bit greener over there than around Ballarat at the moment...but at least we are getting some rain finally. And just when we want to do some extra flying!049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif Oh well....

Nice moustache, Darren!!;)

Guest brentc

The least Darren could have done was cleaned the windscreen with lady company on-board.

You lot seem to be flying 7 days a week up there. It's not really fair for the weekend flyers.

Guest David C

Great trip report Emma and good photos too ;).. Did you fly over our place ?? , it looked as if you were heading in that direction .. Now come on Emma , admit it .. It wasn't that too bad after all was it hey 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif..and I bet you can't wait for the next flight 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif. BTW check your pm's

Guest Emma Masters
Did you fly over our place ??

No No - i was only up in the air total time i think was about 7mins:;)4:

Guest David C

7 mins !! .... Its a good job you weren't in the Bantam . You wouldn't have turned crosswind by that time ..006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif... Glad you had a good time though . I just have to get Marilyn airborne again now ;)

Guest J430

You only lasted 7 minutes!!!!!!!

And you girls complain about us males:laugh:

Sorry for bringing the tone down into the drainage ditch.

Thats not much more than a circuit, you must have gone longer!

Do some more girl, you will love it. Remember the drive out there was more dangerous than the flight! Well I assume that.....what is Darren like?;)

J;)

Guest Emma Masters

I have my 8 month old son and my 2 year old Daughter that i leave behind thats why...049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif