For the first time in 61 years, a warbird has landed at Lake Boga - home of the wartime Catalina and flying boat repair base. During the second world war, Lake Boga was the one stop repair shop for the allies Flying Boats in the south pacific theatre and asian conflicts. In 1948 the RAAF closed shop, and it seemed a chapter on Australia's aviation history was closed. But the locals rallied together and not only built a museum from the top secret communications bunker, but also managed to keep one of the rare aircraft for display. After years of weathering, the museum was able to get a half million dollar grant to construct a hangar around the Catalina, so it could be restored. On the day it was officially opened, a number of flying boats were invited to fly in, and Albury's James Williams became the first pilot of a warbird to land at the base in 61 years. Thanks to Dick Peel and James Williams for their help in this short clip.