RAAus Meritorious Service Award - Tony Hayes

Admin

At the board meeting it was decided to create a Meritorious Service Award that can be awarded to a person or entity that has given so much of themselves for the betterment of recreational aviation in Australia.

A large board will be obtained for the RAAus office where the names of recipients of the award will be displayed for all to see.

It was also agreed that the "Inaugural RAAus Meritorious Service Award" be awarded to Tony Hayes who has given our industry so much help and support to the Thruster aircraft and to owners and pilots of these aircraft.

Tony established TOSG - Thruster Owners Support Group and has continually for many years worked hard to ensure owners and pilots of these aircraft remain safe and knowledgeable in all aspects of flying a Thruster which many consider to have been the backbone of the AUF - Australian Ultralight Federation (the former name of RAAus).

There will be a tribute to Tony coming up in the RAAus magazine so watch out for that.

Meritorious Service Award

Ian thanks for this advice.

Since I heard of Tony’s illness I believed his contribution to the Recreational Aviation movement was worthy of some recognition. I just felt powerless to figure out what that recognition might be.

I know what you would say to that Tony, if only you can read this now.

Thanks again Ian. I’m assuming you’ve used your new capacity on the board to help make Tony feel his efforts will always be remembered and appreciated for all time.

Regards, Decca.