• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ozzie

Heactually has washed it :big_grin: .

a couple of earlier jump ships from the same area. SNX from WRT

i found Nomads to be a great aircraft but only if you were a LAME in training and wanted to fill your 'schedule of experience' book real fast. ozzie

20060802_093001_air_to_air_snx_.jpg.f045fa1ad3892d74b4ab6ec14bd09e30.jpg

Guest ozzie

That shot was taken at Temora in 92 just after it was put back in the air. this was a training camp for a team who ended up with gold at the world meet. We "found" Temora after talking to the Met guys to find the best weather for that time of year. never really heard of the place until then. we spent 5 weeks there and were adopted by the town. when AAX took off, the town would drive out to the airport. they also held some fund raising events for the team. At the time all the foundations from the old buildings were still there so i spent my spare time seaching the aerial photos locating the old tiger moth workshop and did somedigging around in my spare time. The airport was still pretty active back then with the gliding club and a bunch of active homebuilders.

A full time dropzonethen started andthen it became warbird city.

i have never come across a town like this. greatpeople, great weather great aviation. I hope that it has not lost it's friendly nature..

I saw AAX in the air over Warnervale last weekend. It does not seem as loud asit was. i do belive it now has a different model Garrett in it.( the old one let go a few times) this was the worst one when the primary drive sheared off and injested itself downstream. and no, i didnot prang it.

20060802_215950_walleroo_crash_.jpg.8c37dd01028d892f3a44e4d0eadecb67.jpg

20060802_220124_walleroo_primar.jpg.45acd736f0351f2857b2970905c1f8cc.jpg

Sunset at Bourke - This photo was taken at Bourke Outback NSW at our overnight stopenroute from Bundaberg to Gawler after taking delivery of my new J160 from the Jabiru Factory.

glenns

20060803_131412_small_sunset.jpg.37ebacaa4b685d0936dc9e14e75cd826.jpg

Hi Cecil,

The question of preferred pic size and format is one for Ianmate. I'm sure he'll get onto it when he's back on deck and cleaned the sand from between his toes. Ben's pretty much got the idea but some of us use other photo editing tools than Photoshop. I use CorelDraw which allows me to physically size the pic in millimetres and then compress the file size on saving while retaining 300 dpi. Seems to work alright, most of the time smiley5.gif.

Cheers, Paul

Guest David C

Darren .

Nice shot that one . I do love air to ground pics with a part of the aircraft visible , gives it a real flying feel somehow .

Dave

Guest Fred Bear

Thanks for all the comments re my pic. Views from trikes are great but I really did not want to continue flying the trike. I am happy in the Bantam and lately in the Jabiru although the view out of the Bantam is much better than the Jab! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Dave, you mean pics like this one below out of the Drifter I took when flying with Sunny????

pics072rx8.jpg.70881f3cefc69100f6b14ffb13670b69.jpg

Guest Ken deVos

Short final @ Tooradin Victoria. Usually a great place to learn crosswind landing techniques, but not today.

20060807_014930_170316_001.jpg.7290bad3bd48cbf9969851c8fde5b2ef.jpg