Just Arrived

RJS

Hello All,

I have recently joined RAAus after a decade away from aviation.

In the past I have held a PPL (120hrs), done a bit (20hrs) of gliding, and about 80 hours in hang-gliders.

Before all that, I clocked up a small amount of time in my father's Wheeler Scout.

Now it's time to get back into some flying - although probably in something a little bit more substantial than the Scout.

I'm in Canberra.

Welcome RJS.

I too am in Canberra, well Murrumbateman really but close enough.

I'm currently doing my RAA transition training out at Temora, aslo after a 10 year hiatus. You can't do RAA training in Canberra and GA is too expensive. I'm loving flying the Tecnam Sierra out at Temora.

Cheers

Damian

Hi guys, nice to know there is some activity around Canberra.

I haven't really started training yet and haven't decided where / who suits best.

I did a half hour down at Polo Flats (Cooma) in an Allegro, but that's all so far.

My father still flies with South Coast Recreational Flying Club (Jaspers Brush near Nowra) so that's one option.

Rag & tube is probably more my desire than plastic fantastic, but (as you can tell by my potted history in aviation), anything that flies is pretty good.

Damian, how often do you get out to Temora?

Airsick, Where & what do you fly?

Regards, Ron

Ahhh, Airsick, you fly the Pipistrel Virus! -just found your 'Trip to Moruya' thread.

My comment on plastic fantastic are more from limited depth of pockets.

Those Pipistrels seem like fantastic machines, the best of ultralights & sailplanes.

Unfortunately, outside my price range.

Keep saving...

I try to get out to Temora at least once a fornight, but it really depends on the weather. I try to fly in 2-3 hour blocks, so it makes my trip out there worth while, not that it's that far, only 1hr 45min. Jill and Alan are great instructors, I can highly recommend them.

Cheers

Damian