Intercom Problem

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Guys

I Have a PILOT PA2001k 2 place Minicom Intercom attached to an Icom A22e Radio which works well as an Intercom & recieves well Problem is Transmit is Very faint. Anybody else have the same set up, any assistance would be appreciated....

Guest Guest

Don't worry I spoke to the Supplier & he has offered to Exchange it for one that works propper good...... I hope....

• 6 years later...

I've got the same Pilot PA2001K mini com linked with a JRC JHP 500 Handheld com that is hardwired to my Challenger II. I use a Peltor 2 plug Ga headset with the new flex boom electrit mic, and have the same problem with transmissions not being heard by other pilots, yet have clear reception FROM them. I suspect the mic is set for Ga panel mounted coms which put an 8 to 15 volt bias on the mic to amplify it, while handhelds generaly max out at around 4 volts. Sport-Link Communications (.com) may have solved the problem with their two electrit mics - the LB1 (for flex boom headset like mine, and the LB2 ( for parallel wire booms like on the David Clark H10-30's). Both are $55.00 each. I am going to call the company at 866-509-5224 and order an LB1 mic for my Peltor, and see if that solves the problem. If it does, I'll be ordering another headset from these guys with an LB1 mic for the "backseater". I'll let you know, either way.........114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif !