We need a couple of site staff

Admin

Hi All

Recreational Flying (.com) provides an important service to all aviators and as the site is growing we need a couple of staff to help manage a site feature for everyone. Currently we are looking for 2 volunteers who who would love to help in:

1. Quiz Master - a person that would enjoy creating aviation related quizzes in the new Quiz section. You could create any number of quizzes that you may like for example on BAK, aviation history, emergency reactions, human factors, aircraft histories etc etc etc

2. Event Manager - a person who would like to keep the Event Calendar updated by entering different aviation events from sources on the internet (I can provide one) and any posts in the forums that mention an event.

All those that help the site for everyone else are made First Class Members and have access to a private helpers forum plus they any special pricing from the Clear Prop shop and don't forget the extreme enjoyment one gets by helping all their fellow aviators :spot on:

Please let me know if you could spare a little time to help out...it would be greatly appreciated

Hi Admin,

The Quiz Master role would be right up my alley.  Aviation knowledge is a long term passion of mine, so it would provide a great opportunity to stimulate some minds, and help make members better aviators.

• Like 2

SOLD, we have a new Quiz Master...thanks @Manwell I will be in touch in a day or 2 after I purchase the software and install it. Here are some screen shots of it:

1.thumb.png.2ca6eb66f39f866a53e2b9c66f71d94d.png

2.thumb.png.11cfa0b4137f193c8c44d8238a5dcbb0.png

3.thumb.png.619ade019d4cb5be77ef1744239075df.png

4.thumb.png.ecb49073e953b25a595afedc24d110c7.png

5.thumb.png.7dc9d48093e460193fb22fe91462e6be.png

6.thumb.PNG.2890ed16692cf69684b2701a1aaf7279.PNG

7.thumb.png.0eec61add1b45877c939f12041ac55eb.png

8.thumb.PNG.888da8bed2d6e7e600f8c6379cb8430e.PNG

9.thumb.PNG.1263d53cdd244db0ed11a9b6931eef8e.PNG

10.thumb.png.5a5c600765a08a2d20e7cf02e59b4e64.png

11.thumb.PNG.07f04dc05cdcfae0ab3ef9ad3225ab08.PNG

12.thumb.PNG.7e47f4e714068de89f5cc0bc6465a6f2.PNG

Hey Admin, may I respectfully suggest to hold off on the purchase?    There's no need to spend your money just yet.   I thought you'd just want me to come up with some questions that would challenge pilots?

Do I have to learn how to use this software?

You don't have to if you don't want to...you could either add them in yourself or provide me with the questions, the answers and if you want multiple choice answers then the different options and which one is the correct one

The quizzed I had in mind wouldn't be straight single questions.  They would be structured to develop pilots minds so their thinking aligned with masters of the art.  I don't know whether this software would enable that.

I think we have 2 options here...1. would be to have multiple choices of an answer that a user can select which they believe is the correct one (which can be 1 question in a group of questions in a single quiz in the Quizzes Section) or 2. it could be a discussion thread which can be created in the Student Pilot & Further Learning forum.

For example in the forum scenario we have had a question asked twice about Lift with last time some 11 years ago:

and we had around 225 posts in that thread so single educational questions that provoke thought and discussion are greatly appreciated when posted in there

Multi-guess doesn't engage people much over the longer term, and it doesn't develop thinking toward a logical conclusion, so I'd prefer the discussion thread.

No problems mate...post away and get the brains turning over but watch out for the @facthunter as he will most likely come up with the answers straight away :teacher:

I think we have 2 options here...1. would be to have multiple choices of an answer that a user can select which they believe is the correct one (which can be 1 question in a group of questions in a single quiz in the Quizzes Section) or 2. it could be a discussion thread which can be created in the Student Pilot & Further Learning forum.

For example in the forum scenario we have had a question asked twice about Lift with last time some 11 years ago:

and we had around 225 posts in that thread so single educational questions that provoke thought and discussion are greatly appreciated when posted in there

Ian,

Wasn't that the start of the "Never Ending Story"

• Like 1

Not that I recall, I think the first one about the conveyor belt was around 2006 and because it went on for memory some 50 to 60 pages of posts I came up with the Never Ending Story idea...that is a classic if any users have not read it...it is over on the Whats Up Australia site and it is laugh after laugh...it's up to 518 pages of posts (13,000 posts) now

https://www.whatsupaustralia.com.au/threads/the-never-ending-story.510/

I am sitting here at the hospital emergency as Caitlin has badly cut her hand and needs stitches so I started reading the NES again and started cracking up laughing about the Thruster on the conveyor belt and the people here are all looking at me strange

• Like 1

2. Event Manager - a person who would like to keep the Event Calendar updated by entering different aviation events from sources on the internet (I can provide one) and any posts in the forums that mention an event.

Ian I would love to take on that role; this would provide a service currently lacking.

• Like 1