AusFly at Narromine - 13-15th September 2012

Tomo

Noticed this advertised in the latest magazine, it looks like it will be a brilliant show, and at a fairly good time slot of the year too! So here's hoping I can make it down.

http://ausfly.com.au/

012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Let's gather the troops and make it one big huge success!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You take your new bird Tomo and I will trail you in the Auster, make a weekend of it

Does this trail imply using a trailer? Tomo has one of those now ...and the wings are inside it.

Noticed this advertised in the latest magazine, it looks like it will be a brilliant show, and at a fairly good time slot of the year too! So here's hoping I can make it down.http://ausfly.com.au/

Those Dates 13th -15th Sept are Thursday to Saturday ?

It hasn't had an annual since 2005.

The maintenance release expired end of 2006.

Apparently there is also a cable AD to carry out.

Other than that it is just routine inspection and who knows what will be discovered in the inspection.

and who knows what will be discovered in the inspection.

You just might be lucky and they'll discover an aeroplane under all the dust! 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

• Like 1

Noticed this advertised in the latest magazine, it looks like it will be a brilliant show, and at a fairly good time slot of the year too! So here's hoping I can make it down.http://ausfly.com.au/

This looks like it will have everything NATFLY didnt! augie.gif.8d680d8e3ee1cb0d5cda5fa6ccce3b35.gif

Zenair, and all the other Nay sayers, did you assist with Natfly, did you nattend Natfly? Do you support Natfly? Its no good complaining about an event unless you are prepared to be constructive about it after all, it is OUR event. If the event was, as you call it, a joke, then you obviously haven't seen the efforts that went into the organising of it. An event such as this is only as good as the people who get behind it. We all fly Recreational Aircraft, we all like fly in's.

If you dont help put it together, or are not prepared to be constructive in your critisism, then I dont think you have the right to complain. It wasn't put together just for your benefit. This flyin is our National shop front exhibition. What do comments like yours do to fix any perceived problems.

The comment about it being a Joke, demean and belittle the efforts of those that were prepared to get up off their butts and actually do something, notably the local Temora Council, Carol Richards etc to name a few. There are many others you are trying to pull down.

The old saying goes that if you cant s..t, get off the pot.

Remember folks, we, not the organisation in Canberra, are Raa-aus. Any problems are our problems, not the problems of a few elected people.

Having said that, enjoy Narromine.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Caution 1

Zenair, and all the other Nay sayers, did you assist with Natfly, did you nattend Natfly? Do you support Natfly? Its no good complaining about an event unless you are prepared to be constructive about it after all, it is OUR event. If the event was, as you call it, a joke, then you obviously haven't seen the efforts that went into the organising of it. An event such as this is only as good as the people who get behind it. We all fly Recreational Aircraft, we all like fly in's.If you dont help put it together, or are not prepared to be constructive in your critisism, then I dont think you have the right to complain. It wasn't put together just for your benefit. This flyin is our National shop front exhibition. What do comments like yours do to fix any perceived problems.

The comment about it being a Joke, demean and belittle the efforts of those that were prepared to get up off their butts and actually do something, notably the local Temora Council, Carol Richards etc to name a few. There are many others you are trying to pull down.

Remember folks, we, not the organisation in Canberra, are Raa-aus. Any problems are our problems, not the problems of a few elected people.

I was not talking about the hard workers and volunteers at the event in my comments

From your first line you were not at NATFLY 12 because if you were you would have know I was there with 2 aircraft on display and sponsored one of the tropthies given out at the annual dinner. I have a been at the last 12 Natflys as a site holder and sponsor. I believe I have the right to comment on the event which has for the last 3 yrs gone down hill. When members don't come to their event SOMETHING is wrong and this year it was not the weather and from work and sales of kits the RA Aus blaming the ecomonic time is a cope out. The standard answer from people saying it is not my responsibility and passing the blame on to any one but themselves. The head office need to take hold of Natfly and have a staff member do it full time if they need money to pay for the position they should get rid of the dead wood at the TOP of the tree this would give them a lot more funds for salaries.

One example is at Narromine on the Sunday morning there was a meeting of all the site holders and we would chat about the event

Since moving to Temora nothing. Site holders cannot get to a forum on the Saturday as we have to man our sites. Each yr at Temora I have said we cannot hear the PA at the southern end of the trade sites and what has happened nothing and this yr there was not event a speaker outside the Museum even that was taken away. The cost have gone up over 150% since moving to Temora. Even the editors of the RA Aus magazine did not come that says a lot.

I could go on but I will not say any more I am writing to the board and HQ about the event but unless things get better I will have a serious think if I will be going to Temora again. Like some other major site holders have already started not to come if things are not fixed more will not be there in the future and NATFLY will become just a BBQ at Easter.

• Like 3

Zenair, I was at Natfly, as I have been at the past 2 at Temora. The subeditor of the magazine was at Temora, see the latest magazine. If there is a problem, then address it as you are going to. Do not label the whole event a joke as I know that some people got a lot out of it and the forums were very well attended. I am sorry you feel like not attending, but have you made your requirements known to the organisers?. I agree about cutting the deadwood.

Zenair, and all the other Nay sayers, did you assist with Natfly, did you nattend Natfly? Do you support Natfly? Its no good complaining about an event unless you are prepared to be constructive about it after all, it is OUR event. If the event was, as you call it, a joke, then you obviously haven't seen the efforts that went into the organising of it. An event such as this is only as good as the people who get behind it. We all fly Recreational Aircraft, we all like fly in's.If you dont help put it together, or are not prepared to be constructive in your critisism, then I dont think you have the right to complain. It wasn't put together just for your benefit. This flyin is our National shop front exhibition. What do comments like yours do to fix any perceived problems.

robinsm......your in denial that Natfly is all hunky dory! I offered soon after last years NATFLY to organise and run a full kids program and it was basically chucked back at me even after calls for help were announced. Its not the facilities as I believe they are fabulous. Sure, people like Carol put a mountain of work in to it but if you cant see that something big is missing, I pity you. I would love to see NATFLY as the premier aviation event of the year and have offered to help in some way to achieve this so dont think we are all sitting here criticising without putting our money where our mouths are! Something big needs to change and that was obvious this year by the lack of exhibitors.

Scotty 110_closed.gif.a392821970f4971bbab8b2a27aea78f5.gif

Nope, not in denial, agree that something has to be done. What annoys me is that unlike yourself, a lot of the complainers are not willing to put their hands up. I think the idea that we need a person permanently employed to work on the Natfly thing is correct. Again, this is meant to be our weekend. Once the mob in canberra get their game organised, or someone else does, then may be something will happen.

Just to fly a kite, what do you think of the idea that we approach say...the HGFA, or SAAA, or some other organisation with the view to sharing the day to increase the size and content of the weekend. Just an idea. Dont know if Raa-aus will go with it but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Many VR's taken up your way?

Cheers

The boss is seriously considering attending as he is off work over those days. I am working, but might be able to wrangle some time off. He loves Narromine. We will be driving. Also planning to attend Monto in October and flying a couple of aircraft in.

Sue

• Like 1

No annual since 2005, just giver her a wash and you'll be good to do David!!! You keep the engine running for that time?You have to put up some pics, or let me fly down to look at it?

Sorry Louis, I missed your post,

Actually she is reasonably clean and always hangared, engine run at least every three months , should be more but she runs well and has very even solid compressions. There shouldn't be any issues except maybe replace all the cables if the AD requires it. I am doing some minor mods like adding an original Auster generator to the leading edge of the starboard wing and fitting some electrics to her so I can run better radios than the handheld in a bracket and I want to run a Xponder at some time so I can go CTA if I choose.

I'll have to figure out how to post some pictures, she is in pretty good nick , completely rebuilt from the ground up in 1998.

You are welcome down here any day, just let me know when you are coming and you could even bring that long legged kid from Cecil Plains with you. I can put you guys up if you want.

P.S. I'm coming up your way as soon as she is in the air.

I must say SAAA ran a very good fun weekend at Cowra in 2010. I enjoyed my visit there much more than my visits to Temora. More to see although not all of it is aviation-based. Vintage cars and engines, model aircraft displays. They put a lot of their exhibitors in one very big marquee which always helps the place feel busier than it actually is. Attracts less people but certainly feels a lot more festive. Maybe feels this way due to their being less people.

I'd love to see Natfly embrace a more festive atmosphere. A phone call to the carnival ride people and one to the fireworks people would sort a lot of that out. Also find it odd that they never get the Avsafety guys from CASA along to do their presentations. Ausfly have cottoned on to this - good on them! All the major govt organisations (BOM, Airservices etc.) also seem to have a team of people who are ready and waiting to present their stuff at these things.

I drove all the way to Natfly last year salivating over the idea of munching on a sauce-coated dagwood dog whilst watching planes come and go. Still carrying a bit of the disappointment of no dagwood dogs (!) and very little in the way of flying displays that year I suppose... I know it's all good and well to support local business but this event really is a big event and brings a huge amount to any town that hosts it. Narromine would be feeling the hurt to no end so it's great to see them come out with this event. I'm much more inclined to feel it upon the residents of Temora (rather than RA-Aus) to make Natfly a success - they're the ones with by far the most to gain. If Temora isn't behind it there's plenty of country towns out there (like Narromine) who would love to welcome several thousand visitors for a weekend.

• Haha 1