RAA Hangarage around Cairns

GregF

Hi All,

I'm possibly moving to Cairns before Christmas and will need to find a new hangar for my J160! Any Recommendations / Prices / Availability would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks & Cheers

Greg

Hangarage.

G`Day GregF,I Don`t think there`s anything in Cairns other than the airport,maybe at Innisfail aerodrome, about 100 klm south of Cairns.

Try,FNQUA - The Master Page, I know there`s hangers at Atherton.

If you get to Cairns,please get in contact with me.

Cheers,

Frank.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Greg,

It's been nearly twelve months since I was in Cairns, but I think you will find Innisfail and/or Atherton will be much more accommodating of RAA hangarage than Mareeba. There is very little covered hangarage at Mareeba although they may have built some new hangars on the southern side of the runway.

Innisfail is probably a little easier to get to, especially if you will be living on the southern side of Cairns. If you're on the Northern Beaches, toss a coin. It is also an all weather runway.

Follow up Frank if you do move to Cairns. He's very encouraging and has a wealth of experience.

Cheers, Mathew

Sorry Greg,don`t know any more about Mareeba than, there are hangers at there.

I`ve just thought of a guy who I know very well, has a property that is situated half way between Atherton and Mareeba,has his own strip, three AC and two hangers,there could be room and he may be interested.

If you are interested in this situation,PM and I will put you in contact with him.

Cheers,

Frank.

Mathew, your info is much appreciated.... Thanks, and I assure you I will be in touch with Frank :)

Thanks again Frank, I should know in the next few weeks if I'm coming up or not, so I will probably contact you when I know for sure.

Cheers

Greg