Kenny

Kenny

Hi all I thought it was about time I joined the Just Landed crew as I have been standing in the background for a while now. I have a grand total of eight hours training so far and am in the process of buying a Savannah, (used) it should be finalized in mid August ( I hope I'm not putting the horse before the cart but it does feel right) . I am looking forward to the day that I can fly my own plane to anywhere I want to.

I have enjoyed reading all the posts in the different forums and am glad that I have finally contributed . All the best .

Ken

Guest High Plains Drifter
it does feel right

Hello Kenny, if it flys, thats all that matters :thumb_up:

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Kenny,

I don`t think you`re putting the cart before the horse.

Beliseve it or not,I built an aircraft before I even knew what made them fly,then had to find out and learn to fly it,this was back in the early eighties when I was realy keen.

Cheers,

Frank.

Savannah

:thumb_up: Thanks for the welcome guys its taken me a while to get back to you.

Frank I thought about building the Savannah and may still do later on, however one came up for sale so I reckon I can have some fun flying first ( once I learn that is) and then maybe later I will build one . What are your thoughts on the Savannah ?

Regards Ken

Savannah.

Kenny,

I`m not familiar with the Savannah,But if it`s anything like the Zenith 701,and I think they are similar, it`s good .

I`ve done quite a few hours in a 701 and I call it," A lazy mans aircraft",I find it very easy to fly and handle,the thing I most dislike,is that because it has large flat panels it rattles a lot,this can be improved however.

The one I have been flying has a Rotax 912 and that gives good power but they can take a Rotax 582 if the extra power is not required.

Regards,

Frank. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

701/savannah

Thanks Frank

From what I can gather the Savannah is supposed to be a clone of the 701 with a few mods ie slightly longer wing span ,9 meters and they have solved the rattles by putting longitudinal folded creases in the fuselage to make them a little more ridged , there are probably a lot more changes that I will become familiar with once I gain some experience

The planes look pretty much the same other than that. Mine is powered by the Rotax 912S

Regards

Ken

Ken,

After posting last message,I had a look at Savannah photos in the RAA mag and picked up the folds you mention,should have solved it.

The 701 has excelent stall characteristics,and if the Savannah has an even larger wing,it should be great.

As a very long time Drifter owner and pilot,I have the privilage of excellent visibility and that`s one of the things that can be poor in some cabin aircraft.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Cheers,

Frank.