Superfortress Air Crash - 1953

I'd never heard bout this one, until my mate Alan posted it tonight. . .

While it's still Rememberance Day and an aircraft essay... This was one of my first posts on my holiday bloglet...

Superfortress Aircrash nr Horncastle 1953

I went out to near the crash site... the farmers phoned ahead and were waiting to tell me of the night when they were kids. I couldn't use what they said. Too horrific. Some of these things don't have a half-life.

A few years later, I recieved a nice email from a US lady thanking me...

" ...been looking for information on an 1953 RAF aircrash in which a relative of ours died. I had not been very successful until I found your website. We are very grateful for the information in the article which actually mentions our relative's name....Thank you so much for taking the time to write the great article.".....

Margaret Chase, chaseusa @ ....net

• Informative 2

I hadn't heard about those tragic crashes, Phil.  I'm interested in this bit "...navigation/plotter, had both legs crushed and a broken arm, but had been "chatting cheerfully" until released, when the poisoned blood suddenly circulated and he was rushed to Nocton Air hospital in a grave condition. [ half a paracetomol is now known to combat this toxic shock.] Horncastle and..."

This sounds like what today is called Crush Syndrome. Our VRA rescue unit has some experience with this, but I'd never heard of paracetamol being used to counter it. Do you have any more info?

Reading quickly about crush injuries I found this:-

https://www.ems1.com/patient-handling/articles/767352-4-things-EMS-providers-must-know-about-crush-syndrome/

Note that there is no mention of paracetamol being administered. This is an extremely serious condition and correct treatment can be life saving. I stress that I have no medical quals and leave treatment above 1st aid to those with para-medical or medical knowledge. don

• Agree 2

No I dont have a clue abut 'Crush Syndrome OK,. . .I could ask Alan, who owns that website, but I know he is not a Clinician,. . maybe ask him where he got the info would be a better Idea I think. . .  I'll do that later if he's is around.