Stan Just landed

Guest stan kleidon

Guest stan kleidon

Hi to all you guys and girls out there who share the same interests as i do. I'm new to this site so i'll let you know a bit about my self. I'm a farmer, please don't hold that against me, been interested in planes since i was a little boy played with models for nearly forty years, mostly radio control thought it time to fly the real thing,now flying jabirus mostly but had a go in a sports cruiser a couple a weeks ago very nice.

any way gota go

Stan Kleidon.

Guest skyspud

Welcome Stan,

I'm just down the road a bit from you, sharing the beautiful hot dry weather.. not as good a time for farming as it is for flying.

Happy landings

skyspud

Go fast and take chances

Hey Stan!

Welcome onboard, good to have you!:thumb_up:

I'm thinking you have been flying the J120 over there at Chinchilla, I'm the one who picked it up first thing Sunday morning and brought it back to Dalby... via Cecil Plains! I had a bit of a look at the Sports Cruiser while I was there to, not a bad looking machine, though it looks a little slower than the Jab...?!

Will have to catch up with you sometime!:thumb_up:

Have Fun, and fly safe!

Guest stan kleidon

Hi Tomo, yes your right, thats the 120 i've been flying lately started off in a different one, I did do a bit of flying back in the 80,s when we didn't need a ticket to fly, then the drought set in thought i couldn't afford it, still cant, but doing it anyway. We will catch up some time, i live 1 mile north north east of brigalow along the black tar road,( couldn,t spell bitch-a-men). my strips a bit short for a jab but will be extending it shortly catch you later.

Stan.

Guest stan kleidon

G'day Yenn. Yes it is to dry for farming took another 32 hed of cattle away today to be sold in dalby tomorrow, we had big rain in may and june and nothing since, we're on brigalow scrub soil that swells when it's wet and srinks wen it dries out we got cracks that wide in our ground now you got a be carefull were you ride the motorbike. I hope it does rain and stop you cleaning out your dam, but it would be a shame to have to stop workin' and go flying instead.I was starting to feel like a golf ball. thats why i started flying, something i wanted to do since i was a kid. did a bit in the eighties but things changed for a while, but thought it time to do some more before i get to old.

Stan

Guest stan kleidon

Hi Bec,

That,s looks like a nice little plane too, they do perform well and a lot of fun to fly.plenty of safe flying to you too.

Stan

Guest stan kleidon

Thanks stanzahero, Some blokes call me stan the man, but i'm not to sure about the man bit, I am 57 but still feel like a young feller, most times, i am getting sick of fixing farm machinery though.

Catch you later

Stan.

G'day Stan, I went to school with your boys and you would most likley know my old man, Col Austin. Another bloke I Knew from when I lived out there(Cliff Colleen) is into Ultralights too.

Cheers..................Peter Austin

Guest stan kleidon

Hi Bec, I sent a message last night i don't think it went through, I'm a bit new to this computer stuff. Thanks for the reply and it looks like you have fun in a j120 too ,great little fun machine, but at around 100 kts it can take you places in a hurry too. Save flying to you too.

Stan.

I live 1 mile north north east of brigalow along the black tar road,( couldn,t spell bitch-a-men).

Bitumen is what you'd be after!:big_grin:

So has Mike got you up to speed in it yet? Ie, have you got your pilot cert? Pax, x-country etc... or are you still working on them?

Safe flying, and don't forget to have fun!

Guest stan kleidon

Yes Tomo, taking my wife Katie for a fly in the morning, if weather's good, she hasn't done much only been up twice once in a cessna 206 and once in a piper cherokee 140, never been in a lightie, so i don't want to stir her up on a rough ride first go, i told her its no rougher than the warrego highway in our mitsubishi truck that she drives at harvest some times. only got a few more X country's to do harvest came on a bit quicker than normal due to dry finish, put a bit of a hold on flying for a while. The sports cruiser up here cruises at 110 kts we done a x country out to a property at injune in it, via our grazing block at guluguba which is only about 3 nm off a direct route. Hopein' to get some more x country stuff soon.

Safe flying

Guest stan kleidon

Hi Pete,Yes i knew Col, haven't seen him for years are you the young bloke use to taxi your rc plane on barber st in chinchilla,if you are i pulled up once and said gi'day. My boys are Gavin and Michael, I also had 3 nephew s Ian, Darren and Terence that went to high school here . Yes and Cliff is still here too.

Stan

Sounds good, I hope she enjoys it!

Sports Cruiser cruises better than I thought! just the first look at it and seeing it's fat wings made me wonder!

Once you get the x-county done, it is a great thing! :thumb_up:

Guest stan kleidon

yeh Tomo, Katie did enjoy it, nice and smooth, i think it's the smoothest i've ever had in the jab all my flying has been done between school bus times to suit Mike, he drives kids around, we went at 6.00 this mornin' around Brigalow area and back to town by 7.00 Katie did feel a bit crook just as we were touching down, but not bad, She reckons it's time to talk to santa clause ( alias the national bank manager) ha ha ha, catch you later, better go do some work, i don't know why it costs more than flying.

Stan

That is great to hear Stan! great fun showing others around in the place... :thumb_up:

Hope your getting some nice rain over there, we have gotten about 15mm so far, hope it continues to rain for a little longer. :thumb_up: Though a bit of a break tomorrow would be nice for the Antique machinery show (or whatever it's called) in Dalby.

Have fun and don't work to hard!! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guest stan kleidon

Hi Dexter, we had some good rain here yesterday and last night, will be able to plant some summer crop now, 53 mls all up. Took my wife for her first flight in a lightie yesterday morning early, wanted a good smooth day didn't want to make her crook, it was the smoothest flight i ever had in the jab, all my training was done between 10.00am and 3.00 pm you know what thats like in hot weather.nearly always cross winds. Yesterday morning was smooth as silk, My first paying pax she bought me a mars bar.

Catch you later. Stan

Guest Maj Millard

Stan, I overflew Chinchilla on the morning of the 14 Sept after dropping in at Tomos' place, headed for Dingo. There was a jab doing circuts which I watched from on high', could have been you ?. I have dropped into Chinchilla a couple of times, and overnighted once, great airport with a real good RSL in town as I remember. Good to hear you've got some rain, Cheers 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest stan kleidon

rain at last

we had 53 mls all up at brigalow, nothin' at guluguba.I tell people i had my first paying pax, Katie gave me a mars bar.I'll be able to plant some cattle feed now back into wheat stubble. Had all winter crop this year so no cultivation for grain sorghum if we get more rain i'll want to double crop some of the wheat country that's had wheat for a few years, hope you get some more rain:rotary:I like fixed wing, all though a gyro would be fun, one came down in a padock just east of chinchilla the other day

Guest stan kleidon

Maj. yes that was me, did 13 solo circuits that day, i hope they looked good from up there. The RSL is a nice place, i don't get there very often sometimes for weddings and things like that

Safe flying always, cowboys are ment to ride bulls

Stan