Landed YAY

Yesterday was awesome,

Finally managed to nail the landings on my own!

Was such a good feeling as it was the one thing that I just couldn't seem to get together. But my patient instructor kept things calm and yesterday it just seemed to happen.

Also passed the radio exam what a day :)

Now to keep practicing (funds permitting)

Have a great day

Bec

Yes, good one Bec, well done. It sounds like you had a good day. :thumb_up:

Inexperience breeds inconsistency so you will still have days when you will feel like you have lost the ability to put it down but as time goes on your good landings will get more consistent and you will go home smiling every time. 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

I have just done 12 hours.

I am a slow progressor as I like to have everything perfect and practice till it is. Prefer to have it right than have it fast.

I know there will be the good and the bad, but let the good keep coming :)

Thanks for the well wishes.

I love flying 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Bec

Guest mike_perth

Well Bec keep nailing those landings and fly some nice circuits and well.....you know what comes next!

Doing it by yourself!!!!!

Mike

Guest watto

Hey Bec, once you get the first solo nerves out of the way and go and do it you will wonder what all the stressing was about and why you knocked yourself out over it, in the end though your instructor will know as will you when you are ready for it and you will most likely be looking for an empty passenger seat by then as your head will ache as the instuctor instructs less and chats more as you become competent.

Watto

Hi Bec, Don't get all nervous about your first solo flight , it is one of the best memories that you will ever have, just ask any pilot and I am sure they will all remember and have a story to tell about their first solo. Keep up the practice and look forward to it.

Brian

Hey Bec - not slow at all, I'm at 15 hours and still haven't nailed my landings 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gifCongrats - well done!

I know the feeling:crying: I got landings down pat a few hours ago and now it's all going pearshapedthumb_down I will get back there again soon:thumb_up:

good on ya. :thumb_up:

I am changing over from GA to rec and my first take off in a tecnam s2002 was very interesting i was not expecting it to go left in a hurry and i was not on the ball and the right rudder peddel. so we where heading for the runway lights and i thought no problem i will just pull it into the air. i was pulling up and she was pushing down.006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif but in the end i did get off the ground with all the runway lights intact.

After that i was for the Tecnam take off rudder boot.

Paul

Guest drizzt1978

Don't be in to much hurry to go solo. Because you learn so much with the insturctor there, so when you finally do go, its no big deal!!

Well that my excuse for being slow to go solo!!!!

I agree with the go slow approach. I trust that my instructor will know when I am ready.

I feel much more relaxed with him there (despite his habit of turning off fuel pumps and putting the brakes on to check that I am doing my checks properly before landing)

Its exciting each week to see how much I have remembered and how much more there is to learn.

The age old the more I learn the more I realise how much I do not know.

Bec

Well done BecM

If I had to wait for going solo till I did good landings I would still be waiting.

I think I have done 3 good ones, that is 1 per 200+ hours.