RAA training in a Savannah in SEQld

Does anyone know of a instructor doing RAA training in a Savannah in SE Qld area. I would like to get some time up in one as I get ready to order and build my own Savannah. Just waiting for a property to sell then I will get the kit ordered. I have had a couple of flights in one from the right seat and I love the plane and confirms my choice on type. I have had a flight in a Technam and I was not that happy with it compared to the Savannah. I deally I would love to do all my training in my own aircraft but time to get the kit and build I would prefer to get hours up while I am doing it and also this keeps the enthusiasm at a premium as well.

Mark

Guest Crezzi

Flying tuition has to be done in factory built aircraft hence no flying school can operate a Savannah as they are only available in Aus as kits AFAIK. The only exception to this rule is for the builder of a kit so you could be trained in your own plane after its finished.

John

Thanks for the info John. I was told there may have been someone around Kingaroy doing training in a Savannah this is why I asked the question. But after your comments I realize you are correct and there are no factory built ones. I have some 30hrs up in a Cessna 172 back in the mid 1990's and about 50 hours in gliders in the mid 1980's. I had a flight in a Technan P92 and this was after the first flight in the Savannah and I liked the Savannah most of all. Looks like I might have to do the training in the P92

Regards

Mark

Guest Crezzi

If its any consolation, there isn't really much of a downside to training in the Tecnam - experience of different types is very good experience and the Echo is an excellent trainer.

Cheers

John

Hi Mark

John is right I learnt in a Technam Echo at Caboolture and purchased a second hand Savannah before I finished my training, there's not a lot of difference with the flying other than the Echo is a little faster and sliperyier . You will find that the Echo needs lots of right rudder on takeoff wheras the Savannah need hardly any , I think that is the only big difference , also the Technam has lots of legroom and the Savannah dosen't .

I did find an instructor who was prepared to do Navs in my own plane.

Cheers Ken